Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Boy's Adventure





Bed in Summer
~Robert Louis Stevenso

In Winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle light.
In Summer, quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?


Master March is visiting for a couple of days. He has finished his school work and is taking a little break. He told Papa and me a few months ago that he no longer wanted to sleep with us. We were boring. Spending the night on the sofa with the cat would be much more exciting!

Now I have visions of him and Smash, the cat, racing through the house, leaping off the arms and backs of the sofa and chairs. So far, I haven't noticed any picture frames or lamps knocked down. No signs of mice, either.





Little Boys
Author: Unknown
Little boys come in all shapes and sizes,
Shy and adventurous, full of surprises,
With misshapen halos and mischievous grins,
Small dirty faces, and sweet, sticky chins.

They'll keep you so busy, and yet all the while
Nothing can brighten the world like their smile.
And no greater treasure has brought homes more joy
Than a curious, active, and lovable boy!

4 comments:

The Kings said...

I had no idea you had a blog. I'm so glad! I'll be adding you to our list for certain.
I love it!

Gumbo Lily said...

I *just* read "Bed in Summer" just a few days ago. I love it because I remember being a youngster and my parents making us go to bed before the sun went down in the summertime. Looks like some rowdy and fun boy-time is cranking up!

Jody

Gumbo Lily said...

Post Script: I love the new banner. Are you combining rice in that pic?

Jody

In This My Life said...

Hi, Kings! Glad you dropped by. Stop in anytime.

Jody, I was posting about the time you commented! I took the header photo on Monday. I'm glad you like it. Yes, we've had fun!